today at work i asked a customer if he wanted french vanilla creamer with his coffee and he said no because he wanted the “heterosexual” creamer instead and it just blows my mind that straight people say shit about how queer people “force our sexuality on them” because i have never met a single queer person who has done something like assign a sexuality to coffee creamer
what does heterosexual creamer even mean
no homogenized milk
where are all of the “technology is ruining our society” circle jerkers tonight? without social media, ferguson wouldn’t get the time of day. talk shit about vine, twitter, youtube, iphones all you want, but at the end of the day they give the people a tremendous amount of power
Anonymous said: What all toys do you own? :0
i prefer to think of them as ‘friends’ (except the cars)
Two men walk into the hospital with two different injuries.
The first guy fell during a game of basketball and scraped his elbow. The doctor cleans out the gravel, disinfects the area, and places a little brown bandaid on the cut. The man thanks him, hops off the table, and goes back to shoot some more hoops.
The second guy has been in a car accident, and his arm is almost completely severed. The doctor cleans out the gravel, disinfects the area, and places a little brown bandaid on the cut.
The man looks down, screaming in pain. “I didn’t scrape my elbow!” He shouts. “What the hell are you doing, doc?”
"Well," the doctor replies. "I’m an egalitarian."
oh man i love when my advisor sends me emails in all caps for EMPHASIS it totally doesn’t look like i’m getting yelled at
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.